THE GREAT ORVIS™ SWEEPSTAKES
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. Who Can Enter - The Great Orvis™ SWEEPSTAKES is open to natural persons over 18 years of age at the time of entry and who are United States residents, excluding Puerto Rico and residents of Florida and Rhode Island. Void in Puerto Rico, Florida and Rhode Island and where prohibited or restricted by law or regulation. Employees, officers, partners or directors of Orvis ("Sponsor"), N5R.com, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and legal counsel, as well as persons in the immediate family of any person in the preceding category are not eligible to enter or win. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
2. How to Enter - You can enter the Sweepstakes in one of three ways. Online entry: You may enter online by accessing the Sweepstakes web site at www.orvis.com/contests or other individual sub-URL provided to selected individuals, complete the online entry form in its entirety, and click on the submit button. You may only enter once; additional entries (except referral entries, discussed below) will be invalid and result in entrant disqualification. Online entrants may receive additional entries (Referral Entries) by referring others to the Sweepstakes through the online referral option on the Sweepstakes website; if the referred party enters the Sweepstakes, the referring entrant will be given an additional sweepstakes entry for each person so responding, up to a maximum of five (5) additional Referral Entries. An online entrant may, therefore, have a maximum of one (1) direct entry and five (5) additional Referral Entries in the Sweepstakes, for a total of six (6) entries. In Person entry: You may enter in person at Orvis stores in the United States by completing and submitting specially prepared Sweepstakes Entry Forms. Entry forms submitted in person will be collected from all stores immediately after the contest ending date. Mail-in entry: You may enter by mail by handwriting your name, address, email address (if any) phone number, and age on plain paper and mail in a number 10 envelope, postage paid, to: Orvis Sweepstakes Entry, PO Box 798, Manchester Vermont USA 05254-0798. One entry per mailed envelope. You may enter up to five (5) additional Referral Entries, for a total of six (6) entries in the Sweepstakes, by mail by handwriting your name, address, email address (if any), phone number, age and the words, “Referral Entry” on plain paper and mail in a number 10 envelope, postage paid, to: Orvis Sweepstakes Entry, PO Box 798, Manchester Vermont USA 05254-0798. Limit 6 total entries regardless of method of entry during Sweepstakes Period.
The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. EST September 1, 2005, and ends at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) EST on Dec 25, 2005 (the Sweepstakes End Date). To be eligible, all online and in-person entries must be received by December 25, 2005. All Mail in entries must be postmarked December 25, 2005 and received by Dec. 31, 2005.
3. What You Can Win – There will be one (1) Grand Prize, one (1) Second Prize and forty (40) Third Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes.
The GRAND PRIZE will be awarded in a random drawing of all eligible entries received on or before the Sweepstakes End Date and will be conducted by N5R.com on or about February 1, 2006.
SECOND PRIZE will be awarded in a random drawing of all eligible entries received on or before the Sweepstakes End Date and will be conducted by N5R.com on or about February 1, 2006.
THIRD PRIZES will be awarded in a random drawing of all eligible entries received on or before the Sweepstakes End Date and will be conducted by N5R.com on or about February 1, 2006.
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) four day (7)/six night trip for winner and one (1) guest to Scotland. Trip includes round-trip (coach) airfare from gateway airport closest to winner’s home to Edinburgh, Scotland, round-trip destination ground transportation (airport to Cruise ship and Hotel to Airport); Four day (4), three-night (3) cruise on the Princess with Hebridean Cruise Lines, cruising the highlands of Scotland -north-western Highlands and Islands; and after the cruise, stay three days and nights (3) at The Howard Hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland. The prize also includes: “A Day Fishing” during the Howard Hotel stay. The day includes trout fishing in the Perthshire lochs for two people, offered by Alba Gamefishing who supplies the equipment.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize $8,700. Final ARV based on winner’s city of origin. All meals, gratuities, and any other expenses not specified here are the responsibility of the winner.
SECOND PRIZE: One (1) eight and one half (8 1/2) foot Orvis Zero Gravity Fishing Rod.
Approximate Retail Value: $655 USD.
THIRD PRIZE: Forty (40) ‘Orvis Gift Cards’ valued at $50 each will be drawn. Orvis Gift Cards are valid at Orvis stores, by mail or on-line at . Orvis Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash. Retail Value is $50.00 USD each.
No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted except by Sponsor or N5R.com, who, in the event of prize unavailability or any other reason, reserve (1) the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value; and (2) the right to substitute cash for any merchandise prize. All travel dates and accommodations are to be agreed upon by the Winners and Sponsor, and are subject to black-out dates, availability and other restrictions. Winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary, have necessary passports or other travel papers, and must book 60 days prior to trip date. All prizes must be redeemed within one (1) year of prize confirmation. Winners responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes.
4. Notification and Redemption - All selected winners will only be notified of their selection via email and telephone. To receive a prize, selected winners must provide proof of identity within five (5) days of prize notification. Failure of selected winner to respond to prize notification or return of prize notification as undeliverable, will result in forfeiture of right to receive any prize, and prize will be awarded to an alternate selected winner. Sponsor and N5R.com are not responsible, whether as a result of human error or otherwise, for any failure to contact any selected winner. Entrants are solely responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all information submitted, including email addresses provided. The Prize Winners, except Monthly Prize Winners must complete, sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and where legal, a Publicity Release in order to receive the Prize. Also, the vacation winner's travel companions (or their parent/guardian if a minor) must each complete, sign, notarize and return a Publicity/Liability Release in order to receive the vacation. Failure to return these fully completed documents within twenty (20) days of delivery will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. You are not a winner until you and your companion have returned these fully completed documents and your eligibility has been verified.
5. Miscellaneous - Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. All taxes, fees and all other expenses and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use each winner's name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor will not nor does it make any representations or warranties including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantable quality and fitness of any awarded product or prize. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any selected winner. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR MODIFY THE SWEEPSTAKES IF FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES INCLUDING ANY NETWORK, SERVER OR HARDWARE FAILURE OR ANY OTHER FACTOR BEYOND SPONSOR'S REASONABLE CONTROL IMPAIRS THE INTEGRITY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. IN THE EVENT OF SUCH IMPAIRMENT, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SELECT WINNERS AT RANDOM FROM ALL elegible ENTRANTS AT TIME OF SUCH IMPAIRMENT, AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry shall be deemed submitted by an "authorized email account holder". "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address at the time of entry by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. Conditions of entry: By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of N5R.com as Judges of the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding in all respects, (iii) agree that no claim relating to such damages, losses or injuries shall be asserted against Sponsor, N5R.com, or their agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies, and (iv) agree that Orvis may contact them for promotional purposes or market research. All entries become the property of Sponsor. This sweepstakes is subject to U.S., state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor, N5R.com, or their agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies (i) make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty; and (iii) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury resulting from altered, late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, inaudible, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries, or human, telephone, computer, online, or technical malfunctions or failures (including network unavailability and disconnections), or acceptance and use of a prize or travel in connection with such prize. Proof of transmission and/or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Winner assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the promotion, or by the acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
7. Privacy - Sponsor and N5R.com will be collecting personal data about you for the administration of the Sweepstakes and for promotional purposes or market research. We will use this information in accordance with our published Privacy Policies, which may be viewed at .
8. Removal/Unsubscribe - If you wish to update your entry information or remove yourself from receiving communications, please navigate to and follow the instructions provided.
9. Restrictions - The following are prohibited and will result in automatic, permanent expulsion from the Sweepstakes: (1) Entering more than one email address at a time; (2) Entering the Sweepstakes more than six times regardless of method of entry; (3) Viewing or tampering with the Sponsor's or N5R.com's system, or its source code or data; (4) Using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (5) Non-compliance with the official rules of the Sweepstakes; and (6) Any other act which Sponsor determines in their sole discretion jeopardizes the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
10. Who Won - A winner's list will be available at www.Orvis.com/winners after March 1, 2006 or by mailing a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to Orvis Sweepstakes Winners List, 219 Dufferin Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6K 3J1. Sponsor of the sweepstakes is Orvis, P.O. Box 798, Manchester, Vermont, 05254.